Prevention of accidents in industries is of prime concern for all the industries. Industrial Safety Officers have a very important job in ensuring the safety of personnel, equipment, machinery etc. Safeguarding the assets against various hazards is necessary.
The government has introduced various laws and acts, and it is necessary for every industry to follow these regulations. According to the Safety Act every industry has to recruit Safety Officers, whose job is to primarily ensure safety of workers and other personnel in the industry.
Safety engineers are on demand due to expansion of industries like automobile, home appliances, pharma, electro-mechanical, oils and gases etc. According to Safety Act, it is essential that every industrial establishment must have Safety Officer. This makes this course a leading career option both in India and abroad.
At present there is a large number of career opportunities available in the field of Industrial Safety in India and abroad.
After completing the Certificate Course in Industrial Safety the candidate can get suitable jobs as
• Safety Officer
• Safety Supervisor
• Safety Auditor
• Safety Incharge
This course will also prove useful to those who are already working in an industry and wish to enhance their career prospects or move into safety related areas. With experience, one may be able to provide consultancy to various small scale industries, as well as train the workers in good practices. The course will also help the candidates learn what measures should be taken in case of any accident, and the liability of the industry towards the personnel who meet with accident.
- A recognized degree in any branch of engineering or technology.
- A recognized diploma in any branch of engineering or technology and relevant practical experience in a supervisory capacity for a period of not less than two years or
- A recognized degree in science with Physics or chemistry and relevant practical experience in a supervisory capacity for a period of not less than two years.
The experience should be in any one of the following:
- Manufacturing, quality assurance, maintenance or safety in industry, or
- Research, training or education in the field of industrial safety or environment or
- Government department in administration of safety legislation